Sunday, June 6, 2010

The O'Briens, Lakeland & Ice Cream

So one of my favorite things about shooting families is that it's always a challenge. You can never go in with your little list and expect all of your shots to get done and come out great. You have to go with the flow and be on your toes.

I got to photograph one of my favorite families, the O'Brien's on Saturday. They just adopted a little girl, Rakiyah, so they wanted to celebrate with new family photos. She's adorable and her brothers take good care of her... but let me tell you - capturing three four-year-olds smiling and looking in the same direction is quite a feat. Even though there aren't many posed and "formal" pictures they definitely show the personality of the O'Briens - they are not posed and formal people! But they sure are happy, joyful & full of life!







I love how Rakiyah's look says it all.





















At the end of the "formal" pictures we all went to get ice cream!



I love the kids faces in this one!






1 comment:

Lynnell said...

Oh my goodness, these make me want to cry... in a good way. I love your style, Jo. Your subject matter is beautiful too, so that always makes it better :-D