Thursday, August 21, 2008

Promises Broken

Ok well Art After Dark was not fun. This is my review (in bullet points)
  • If you don't have the space to create a multi-media art event, don't do it.
  • If you are going to charge $10 to get in, you need to offer free drinks (and I don't mean tea) or have enough stuff for people to look at for more than 20 minutes.
  • Why are men allowed to come in bathing suits when women would be turned away for indecency. Yes. That happened.
  • Badly executed collages on posterboard should not be accepted as 'Art' unless it was done by children.
  • Heartbeats necessary to adopt a plant? Really? Don't even get me started on this lady.
My overall assessment of this event has gone down-hill. I will give it another go when they are in their newly built Tampa Museum of Art... which I'm sure will be more expensive... but at least it will be large enough to have this be called an event. I would advise you to wait too and attend Platform in Lakeland while we wait. 

I'd post pictures, but it wouldn't be worth it. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ps. I bought a really sweet Fleur-de-lis bracelet at Mama Bleus last week for $6. Great find!

ALEXANDER BENNETT said...

I agree. I've been to a couple and one of them was when my band played...so that's a little different.