Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What is in a name?

So I'm trying to think of a name for a particular organization.

Here are the specs: it needs to be short, maybe clever, appeal to lower income families, something that represents people helping others in the realm of marriage and families...

this is what I put on paper to get the ball rolling:
  • Collaborate
  • The Hub
  • Foundation
  • Link
  • Unite
  • Connect
  • The Network
  • Connection
  • Reservoir
  • The Coalition
  • Twine (like how one thing is made up from numerous other things... I’m trying to think of other names like this because I like that concept)
  • Thread
  • Branches
  • Roots (I think this may sound too urban/cheesy)
Help me brainstorm! please!


3 comments:

Matthew Wengerd said...

Without knowing more, I like "the Hub" and all of its graphic implications. Of course, you'll have to think of things you can grab reasonable URIs for.

On a cautionary note, Twine is a relatively new social bookmarking service which may compete for brand recognition later on.

Anonymous said...

Entwine
Involution
Tie
Intertwine
Mix


-Teresa

Melyssa Stone said...

You could call it Branch Link and have the logo be two branches from different trees reaching out to one another and entwining as fingertips at the end