Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The good, the bad & the ugly...

This has been an intensely busy week. I've had hours to do for Smart Creative, a solo show to prepare for, 4 photo shoots, two client meetings and a partridge in a pear tree.

The good: the last photo shoot I did of the Cotton children was so much fun. I'm going to edit their pictures today so hopefully I'll have some to post.

The bad: the family session I did on Sunday was done in super bright sun and high winds. (i.e. it wasn't my best work) I'm hoping I can gather some good photos out of it and not have to schedule a re-shoot.

The ugly: I was taken off a potential HUGE photo project and it was given to another photog. Bummer. Why won't people give me a chance? Grumble... I guess that's Lakeland for you. It's all about who you know and I make the impression of about a rock. (Side note: two clients came in today and introduced themselves to me when I had met them last week and sat through a hour and a half presentation put on by them. And I was one of four. Seriously... do I really just fade into the wall?)

Trying to stay positive... I'm editing photos which usually makes me happy and working on my solo show artwork tonight. Hopefully I'll get some good stuff done and start to feel like I'm making some progress, rather than just having ideas up in my head. If all else fails, I'll eat a brownie and head to bed at 7pm.

No comments: