Monday, March 16, 2009

An invitation.

So hopefully this won't spoil anything (I think Teresa is the only one that reads my blog) but I wanted to post an invitation that I made for her son's adoption. It's so cute. I definitely stole the look from a previous invitation that she chose for the inspiration, but I still think it's cute. I would love to see it professionally printed with an embossing on the tree.



I also ordered a few more prints for the Arts on the Park Black and White show and the Lake Wales art show I'm in. I ordered one of the prints on a Fine Art Paper which was quite a bit more money, but I'm hoping the quality is worth it. We'll see. 

This week is full of finishing projects and church design work. It should be good and productive. I did leave my cell phone in Winter Haven today so I will be relying on email for the next day or two. Geesh. What did we do before we could be reached in 92 different ways?

On a personal note, I went and saw my Grandpa today. It is his birthday. He is now 88 years old. I asked him how he and my grandma met and he told me that they met when he was 21 and she was 17 at a skating rink in Illinois. About 6 months later he was sent to Charleston to be shipped out to war and he asked her to join him. While they were there, they decided to get married and went to a pastor's home and had him marry them. They were married for 62 years before my grandmother passed away. He told me the story with a slight smile from the memories and tears in his eyes. I hope that I can be married for 62 years and know a love that lasts that long. That still lasts. Here's to you, grandpa. I love you!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story!!

Yes, I LOVE the invitation...I just mailed them off this morning. You are the BEST!!!

-Teresa