Monday, March 2, 2009

So...

I finally scanned the Polk Voice Article so I thought I'd post it if you were interested...

  

I was also going through a magazine and fell in love with this ad:
 

I think this will be the inspiration for some graphic design in the future. I love the layers and vintage look. 

Also tomorrow is the last day that my art will be up at Mitchell's Coffeehouse. I'm a bit sad to take it down but very grateful for the month that I was able to show there. Thanks to everyone for their kind words! (and if you haven't seen it yet, go down there tomorrow and check it out!) Thankfully I have been added to their annual list, so I'll be showing there for a full month each year. I'm very grateful for the opportunity and I'm excited to show at the Lake Wales Art show later this month.

I've been thinking that with everything that I do, I love creating art the most but it's what I spend the least amount of time on. (Graphic design eats up my day - mainly because it pays the bills). I was just offered somewhat of a more "part-time" job which is great because it guarantees cash flow coming in but it will fill my schedule Tuesday - Thursday. I think I'm going to stop taking several graphic design clients and work mainly on my art Mondays and Fridays. It will be a great way to start and end the week. Of course I'll still do those fun projects when certain clients call (fred). I guess I just want to make sure that I'm really trying to give my art a go... and not have it always take a backseat to things that make me money. Who knows, if I really put my heart, soul and energy into it, maybe it will turn the tables. 

No comments: