Sunday, September 13, 2009

12 days and counting...

So life has been a wee bit crazy lately. On top of graphic design work (loads of graphic design work) I've been getting ready for two shows. Platform's Art Party on September 26th and Art on the Park's Paint the Town show which all entries are due also on September 26th. I'm really excited about them but they are a lot of work. October should be a breath of fresh air!

For the AOP show, the theme is Lakeland... but I wanted to do something different. Different than swans and lakes and downtown buildings... not that there's anything wrong with that, but I didn't want to get lost in the 8th photograph of a swan on Lake Morton. So I'm doing something REALLY different... and out of my comfort zone a little bit. I don't want to share too much, but I'm hoping it turns out to be a visually solid piece with some great meaning behind it. Today I finished buying all of the supplies for the piece and wondered if I was a bit crazy to spend so much money on a potential art piece that isn't even guaranteed to get in the show. It's my credit card leap of faith. I can't believe I only have 12 days to get it to a completed state though! Ack! I'm making out a schedule for myself now so I can make sure to have enough time. I can't wait to post about the finished product!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it! Might be a piece I'll have to save up and buy from you! :)

-Teresa