Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010!

Today is the last day of 2009. It was a year of patience, trial, prayer, and giving up control. But in the end, it was a fabulous year and one we will never forget.

I recently read the book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller. It talks about the journey he went on when he was editing his life for the new movie, Blue Like Jazz (based loosely on his book). The whole thing is about what  makes a good story. Why do people get involved in stories... why do we invest, what elements make a good story and how to make our lives stories worth living. It's challenging me to think of how I spend my time and what kind of story my life is living right now.

So in 2010, I plan to make more of my time. I plan to be braver and try more things. I plan to really work on my skills as a photographer and push myself into entering more shows. With that said, I recently invested in a new camera which I'm COMPLETELY excited about. It should be here in a week or so and I can't wait to start my new photo shoots this year with better equipment. More photos to come!

Have a wonderful and safe beginning to 2010!

No comments: