Wednesday, December 9, 2009

portraits, blogs & books

So last week I gathered a few folks and we offered portraits to the residents of Lighthouse Ministries in Lakeland. It was a fantastic success! Here are a few of the pictures from the event...
















In other news... we had our artgroup meeting and someone shared a few artist blogs. Passing them on:
www.artfagcity.com
www.portlandart.net
www.artslant.com
www.hyperallergic.com
www.myloveforyou.typepad.com

Also, www.artshow.com has some great resources!


I decided to head up to Barnes&Noble this evening to check out their 'going out of business' sale. I was disappointed that more wasn't on sale yet, but I did pick up a great book called How to be an Explorer of the World by Keri Smith. It reminds me of the old Sark books and will hopefully inspire me to write down more thoughts, travels, insights, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Wish I could've been there, but I was thinking of you guys!!

-Teresa