Thursday, December 10, 2009

Explorations

So I bought this new book called, How to be an Explorer of the World by Keri Smith.

I bought it to inspire me & push me to do things that I wouldn't normally do. I hope to do one of her "explorations" every few days.

Here's the one that I did today. Feel free to do it too!

Exploration #1
Right where you are sitting. Write ten things about where you are sitting now that you hadn't noticed when you sat down. Use your senses. Do not censor. Okay, begin.

1. There's a black car outside.
2. I can hear the sound of cars on the wet street.
3. It's dim.
4. Those pillows look comfy.
5. I would like some tea.
6. My Christmas tree ornaments are too big. There are twelve. Six are sparkly.
7. I love the sparkly ones.
8. My iphone is dirty.
9. The temp is dropping.
10. I can hear kids outside.

A quote:
The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden beacause of their simplicity and familiarity. One is unable to notice something - because it is always before one's eyes.
-Ludwig Wittgenstein

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very cool book! Bring it on the cruise!!

-Teresa