Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Graphic Design projects...

So lately I've been designing some fun invitations and thought I'd share. I've been inspired by the Oh So Beautiful Paper blog and 100 Layer Cake blog to do some pretty graphic invites.

The first one was for my own baby shower. (don't laugh!) But my mom and I wanted a bird theme and so many baby shower invitations are so ugly. Sorry hallmark, but they are. So we designed our own. I printed them on a metallic linen paper (the same as our christmas card) and they were sent out with a white feather in the envelope. Love! The best part was my mom took them to the cake decorator and had a cake made to match them.






{the invitation inspired cake}



The other invitation I have designed recently is a nautical inspired baby shower invitation for my friend, Mary. She's having a boy and her husband has nautical tattoos that we're told have a lot of significant meaning and the theme spring-boarded from that and has really taken shape. I really love these invites and I'm so glad that Mary likes them just as much. These were printed on a thick white cardstock paper.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE them!!

-Teresa O.

Kevin's suppose to be working on my celebration invitation, but if he doesn't get cracking I might need to call you! :)

Heather Childree said...

Jordan, Those are absolutely FAB - U - LOUS. You have such God-given talent. At first I thought the nautical cake was for some crazy Lakeland High School back-to-school event, but Wow! And the cake they made to match your invites is amazing. I love that your baby-themes are not babyish. This is so awesome