Sunday, November 2, 2008

An Idea.

I've found that I'm the most creative early in the morning or late at night. I wonder if it's because the day's distractions are at a minimum and I'm raw, just thoughts within myself. This morning I woke up with a painting idea. Instead of mulling it over for days on end, I've decided to just give it a go and see how it turns out. 

It's a little different than what I've been doing lately but uses some of the same techniques or visual look. I really love the clean look of block coloring, like screen printing. I think it's my painting style. I've always been more on the clean side of art. If you ask me there are two artist types; one that's clean, can be right or left brain, enjoys processes like photography where there are clean lines, edges and light does the painting for you and then there are those artists that are completely left brain, they enjoy getting their hands dirty, living messy, don't care where they get paint and enjoy mixing colors and adding things to their artwork in almost a hap-hazard way. 

I am mostly the first.

I say mostly because my husband would disagree that I'm "clean" and classifies all artists as messy... but we can tell a difference. 

Anyway, I enjoy pushing myself and what I'm comfortable with. I like trying new techniques, concepts and ideas. I don't always enjoy the outcome, but about 1 out of 5 times it teaches me something I didn't know before... and if nothing else, it gives me appreciation for other types of artists. 

No comments: