Monday, November 17, 2008

My first day.

It's my first day of freedom. I'm officially an artist. Well... in truth I've always been an artist, this is just my first day of that being my official career title. I have to say, so far so good. I do feel a little like I'm just playing hooky from work and that I'll have to go in tomorrow. I wonder when I will no longer feel this need to go into an office. I feel a mixture of so many things. At times I feel FREE. Free from set schedules, free from a boss, free from working for other people, free to do whatever the heck I want to do. Free to have an open schedule, to do whatever I am called and discover to do. These freeing moments are interrupted by fleeting thoughts of stress related to staying busy and finances. But I believe that this is what I'm supposed to do. I believe that I'm right where God wants me to be, and how can that be a bad place to be?

I can't wait to look back and say, "Wow, look at all God has done. Look at where I was and where I am now. What an amazing ride."

Right now I can't help but feel gratitude. I'm grateful for my art progressing and having the confidence to take this step. I'm grateful for my husband in supporting us and being willing to take the financial burden on himself... and for being ok with not knowing about our future (because who really knows anyway?). I'm grateful for family and friends encouraging me. I'm grateful to be right where I am. It's such a beautiful place. 

www.jordanweiland.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

-Teresa O

Richard Pearson said...

the website looks great, really excited to see you do this! Its a big step and takes a lot of courage. i'll add your blog to my blog-list, so we can keep intouch...